Friday, February 22, 2008

Orange Balsamic Glazed Green Beans

Living in Florida, I'm lucky to have fresh oranges right out my back door. Well---actually there right out my back door and into my neighbors yard. She has the best oranges and her trees are so prolific that she can never eat all of the oranges they produce. Lucky Lucky me!

If you have picky eaters in your family try this recipe. I bought the giant bag of green beans from Sam's last week, (it's so big I think I'm going to have to put it in the will), and I am having fun finding different ways to cook them.



Orange Balsamic Glazed Green Beans
If you get the oranges from your neighbor don't forget to make enough for her so you'll be sure to have oranges in the future.
2 cups frozen fresh green beans
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons orange zest
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and green beans. Boil for about 4 minutes or until beans are crisp tender. Immediately remove from the water and plunge into a bowl with ice and water. Set aside
In a medium saute pan over medium heat add the orange juice and balsamic vinegar
and reduce by 1/2, about 10 minutes. Add the orange zest and green beans. Toss to coat and heat through. Serve immediately

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Birdie,
I just got an email from Bays English muffins and there was your winning recipe!!! How exciting!!

You should post it on the forum, celebrate!!

Congrats again.

Jenny said...

HI Birdie,
I just "tagged" you on my blog. Play if you'd like. Just a getting to know you post. Post 5 things about yourself.

Have a great week.

Hope you had fun shopping!!