Friday, February 1, 2008

One Dish Wonders!!


I'm all for cooking really elaborate meals, but sometimes you just want a really good dinner with out going to a lot of trouble. This dish fits the bill perfectly and it's good enough to serve to company. This is the way I usually make it but I have also used scallops or both shrimp and scallops. Just depends what looks good. I usually garnish this with fresh parsley or green onions, but I was out of both so you'll have to use your imagination.

Just as art requires you to bring something of yourself to the piece I truly believe the same can be said for food. If you start with a good idea, bring some basic skills to the kitchen and then add a little of yourself to each dish you are sure to create something unforgettable.

Key West Shrimp with Lemon Garlic Linquine

1 lb linquine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces crimini mushrooms
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
24 wild shrimp, peeled and deviened
1/2 cup parmeseano reggiono, grated
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped

1. Cook the linguine to al dente according to package directions.

2. Meanwhile, heat a large non stick skillet to medium heat

3. Add the olive oil and mushrooms. Saute 4-5 minutes or until browned.

4. Add the lemon juice and the garlic cloves. Saute 1-2 minutes

5. Add the shrimp and saute 2 minutes. (Shrimp will not be done)

6. With a slotted spoon, drain the linguine and add the the shrimp mixture. Saute 2 minutes longer or until shrimp are done.

7. Add the remaining lemon zest, cheese and parsley. Toss with tongs to combine.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How funny,
I was just thinking of what I should do with the shrimp in my freezer, this recipe looks so good!

Jaime said...

this looks delicious! perfect for a week night :) i definitely want to try this!

i just joined the DB this month too, just checking out everyone else's blogs, wanted to say hello :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny:

I'm tellin ya----It's a cosmic connection.

Mrs. Presley:

I hope you do try it. It is really quick, easy and good!

I'm really looking forward to the first DB challenge. French bread Yum!!!