Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Farmer's Market Fried Rice




I always buy to much when I go to the Farmer's Market. But I can't resist. Everything looks so good I just have to buy it!


This is one way I have found to use up the odds and ends that are left at the end of the week.


This is one of my favorite combinations, but I have made it 100 different ways. It just depends on what I have left in the fridge.

Farmer's Market Fried Rice

2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

2 eggs, beaten

1 tablespoon minced ginger

1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 cup diced yellow squash
1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup snow peas
2 cups cooked rice
1/4 cup soy sauce

To a large pan on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and eggs. Scramble eggs until done, about 3 minutes, remove from pan and keep warm.

To the same pan add the remaining oil, ginger, onion and jalapeno. Saute about 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add the garlic, squash, chicken, bell pepper and snow peas. Saute about 4 minutes or until vegtables are crisp tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Add the rice and the soy sauce, saute about 2 minutes or until rice is hot. Add the vegtables back to the pan, stir to combine. Add the scrambled egg stir to combine and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birdy, I just love fried rice and I can not wait to try this one. I love your blog site, keep up the great work and the great cooking.
Love ya, Your cousin

Jenny said...

Yum!
I love those farmer's markets too, it's so tempting to buy one of everything. Great way to use up all that yummy produce!